The Corrs Projects Update provides a concise review of, and commercially-focused commentary on, the latest major judicial and legislative developments affecting the Australian construction and infrastructure industry.
In this edition, we consider and offer key takeaways from a number of recent cases and developments, including:
- Mann v Paterson Constructions Pty Ltd  HCA 32 (Keywords: termination, repudiation, quantum meruit)
- Style Timber Floor Pty Ltd v Krivosudsky  NSWCA 171 (Keywords: payment schedules, reasons for withholding payment)
- BH Australia Constructions Pty Ltd v Kapeller  NSWSC 1086 (Keywords: identity of contracting parties, relevance of pre and post-contractual conduct)
- KDV Sport Pty Ltd v Muggeridge Constructions Pty Ltd & Ors  QSC 178 (Keywords: jurisdictional error, validity of payment claims)
- Built Environs WA Pty Ltd v Perth Airport Pty Ltd (No 3)  WASC 399 (Keywords: pleadings, global claims)
Also featured in this edition of Corrs Projects Update are updates from our energy and resources, employment and labour and property and real estate teams on relevant developments in their areas.
You can access a copy of Corrs Projects Update: Q4 2019 here, or click the ‘DOWNLOAD PDF’ button.
If you wish to discuss anything we’ve raised in the update, or have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us using the details listed to the right.
This publication is introductory in nature. Its content is current at the date of publication. It does not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. You should always obtain legal advice based on your specific circumstances before taking any action relating to matters covered by this publication. Some information may have been obtained from external sources, and we cannot guarantee the accuracy or currency of any such information.