The Corrs Projects Update provides a concise review of, and commercially-focused commentary on, the latest major judicial and legislative developments affecting the Australian construction and infrastructure industry.
In this edition, we consider and offer key takeaways from a number of recent cases and developments, including:
- Rinehart v Hancock Prospecting Pty Ltd  HCA 13 04 (Keywords: arbitration, arbitration agreements, third party claimants)
- Lendlease Engineering Pty Ltd v Timecon Pty Ltd  NSWSC 685 (Keywords: Security of Payment Act, contracts or other arrangements)
- The Owners - Strata Plan 89041 v Galyan Pty Ltd  NSWSC 619 (Keywords: owner refusing to allow contractor to rectify defects)
- Owners Corporation No 1 of PS613436T v LU Simon Builders Pty Ltd (No 2) (Building and Property)  VCAT 468 (Keywords: apportioning damages, interest)
- Trust Company (Australia) Ltd atf the WH Buranda Trust v Icon Co (Qld) Pty Ltd  QSC 87 (Keywords: Aconex, service of progress claim)
- Built Environs WA Pty Ltd v Perth Airport Pty Ltd (No 2)  WASC 76 (Keywords: global claims), and more
Also featured in this edition of the Corrs Projects Update are updates from our PNG, energy and resources, employment and labour, property and real estate and environment and planning teams on relevant developments in their areas.
You can access a copy of Corrs Projects Update: Q3 2019 here, or click the ‘DOWNLOAD PDF’ button.
If you wish to discuss anything we’ve raised in the update, or have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us using the details listed to the right.
This publication is introductory in nature. Its content is current at the date of publication. It does not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. You should always obtain legal advice based on your specific circumstances before taking any action relating to matters covered by this publication. Some information may have been obtained from external sources, and we cannot guarantee the accuracy or currency of any such information.