Driving inbound and outbound infrastructure opportunities for Australian business and investors will be the focus for John W.H. Denton AO, Partner and CEO of Corrs Chambers Westgarth, as he joins Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull, State leaders and other business luminaries on a vital trip to the United States this week.
Mr Denton will join the Prime Minister at the National Governor’s Association Meeting in Washington D.C. to help celebrate the ‘First 100 Years of Mateship’ between Australia and the US and help forge stronger business links between the two countries, as well as further strengthening political and economic ties.
He will be attending the meeting as a member of what has been recognised as the most significant and high-level Australian business delegation to visit the US and is the only representative from a law firm to be a member of the group.
Mr Denton will have the unique opportunity to engage with fellow business and political leaders on issues of importance to our country’s alliance with the US. However, his focus will be on exploring both inbound and outbound infrastructure investment opportunities.
“With almost A$1.5 trillion worth of investment between the two countries, and the US administration now looking to introduce one of the most significant infrastructure investment packages in the country’s history, there is no better time to have these types of discussions,” Mr Denton said.
Apart from infrastructure, Prime Minister Turnbull, State leaders and the Australian business delegation will look to discuss innovation, energy and trade with US administration officials, state governors and business leaders at the National Governor’s Association Meeting.
Those forming the business delegation are a veritable ‘Who’s Who’ of Australia’s business and corporate sector and include:
- Ms Vanessa Wallace, Non-Executive Chairman, AMP Capital
- Mr Grant King, President, Business Council Australia
- Ms Jennifer Westacott, Chief Executive, Business Council Australia
- Mr Ian Narev, CEO, Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Mr John W.H. Denton AO, CEO, Corrs Chambers Westgarth
- Mr Andrew Forrest AO, Chairman, Fortescue Metals Group
- Mr Peter Freyberg, Head of Global Coal Assets, Glencore Australia
- Mr Greg Norman AO, Chairman, The Greg Norman Company
- Mr Andrew Burnes, CEO and Managing Director, Helloworld Travel
- Mr Brett Himbury, Chief Executive, IFM Investors
- Mr David Whiteley, CEO, Industry Super Australia
- Mr Stephen McCann, Group CEO and Managing Director, Lendlease Corporation
- Mr Rohan Stocker, CEO, Marand
- Mr William (Bill) Morrow, CEO, NBNCo
- Mr Alberto Calderon, CEO, Orica
- Mr Kim Bredhauer, CEO, Palladium International
- Mr Leigh Clifford AO, Chairman, Qantas Airways
- Mr Damien Frawley, CEO, Queensland Investment Corporation
- Mr Jean-Sebastien Jacques, CEO, Rio Tinto
- Mr Andrew Bassat, CEO and Co-founder, Seek.com
- Mr Kerry Stokes AC, Chairman, Seven West Media
- Mr Michael McGee, CEO, Transit Australia Group
- Mr Anthony Pratt, Executive Chairman, Visy Australia and Pratt Industries USA
- Mr Michael Chaney AO, Non-Executive Chairman, Wesfarmers