The Corrs Projects Update provides a concise review of, and commercially-focused commentary on, the latest major judicial and legislative developments affecting the Australian construction and infrastructure industry.
In this edition, we consider and offer key takeaways from a number of recent cases and developments, including:
- Icon Co (NSW) Pty Ltd v Liberty Mutual Insurance Company Australian Branch trading as Liberty Specialty Markets  FCA 1493 (Keywords: rectification; insurance)
- The NSW reform agenda: restoring consumer confidence in the residential construction industry (Keywords: legislative reform in NSW; new statutory duty of care)
- Chapel of Angels Pty Ltd v Hennessy Building Pty Ltd  QCA 219 (Keywords: QBCC licence; unlicensed building work; reasonable remuneration; quantum meruit)
- Leeda Projects Pty Ltd v Zeng  VSCA 192 (Keywords: delay; loss of use and enjoyment of property; wasted costs of ownership)
- A-G (Virgin Islands) v Global Water Associates Ltd  UKPC 18 (Keywords: Remoteness; design, build and operate contracts; two-contract procurements)
- Build-to-rent: can it drive (part of) the construction industry in a COVID-normal world?
Also featured in this edition of the Corrs Projects Update are updates from our energy and resources, property and real estate, and employment and labour teams on relevant developments in their areas.
You can access a copy of Corrs Projects Update: Q4 2020 here, or click the ‘DOWNLOAD PDF’ button.
If you wish to discuss anything we’ve raised in the update, or have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us using the details listed to the right.
This publication is introductory in nature. Its content is current at the date of publication. It does not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. You should always obtain legal advice based on your specific circumstances before taking any action relating to matters covered by this publication. Some information may have been obtained from external sources, and we cannot guarantee the accuracy or currency of any such information.