The Corrs Projects Update provides a concise review of, and commercially-focused commentary on, the latest major judicial and legislative developments affecting the Australian construction and infrastructure industry.
In this edition, we consider and offer key takeaways from a number of recent cases and developments, including:
- TWT Property Group Pty Ltd v Cenric Group Pty Ltd  NSWSC 72 (Keywords: payment claims for old work; Anshun estoppel)
- Parrwood Pty Ltd v Trinity Constructions (Aust) Pty Ltd  NSWSC 208 (Keywords: withdrawing adjudication applications; supporting statements)
- Galaxy Developments Pty Ltd v Civil Contractors (Aust) Pty Ltd t/a CCA Winslow  QSC 51 (Keywords: late adjudication determinations; licences for ‘building work’)
- Tincknell v Duthy Homes Pty Ltd  SASCFC 24 (Keywords: prevention principle; rectification damages)
- Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy Pty Limited v Bulgana Wind Farm Pty Ltd  VSC 126 (Keywords: contractual interpretation)
- Salini-Impregilo S.p.A. v Francis  WASC 72 (Keywords: simultaneous adjudications; judicial review)
Also featured in this edition of the Corrs Projects Update are updates from our energy and resources, property and infrastructure, and employment and labour teams on relevant developments in their areas.
If you wish to discuss anything we’ve raised in the update, or have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us using the details listed to the right.
You can access a copy of Corrs Projects Update: July 2020 here, or click the ‘DOWNLOAD PDF’ button.
This publication is introductory in nature. Its content is current at the date of publication. It does not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. You should always obtain legal advice based on your specific circumstances before taking any action relating to matters covered by this publication. Some information may have been obtained from external sources, and we cannot guarantee the accuracy or currency of any such information.