The Corrs Projects Update provides a concise review of, and commercially-focussed commentary on, the latest major judicial and legislative developments affecting projects in Australia.
In this edition, we consider and offer key takeaways from a number of recent cases and developments, including:
- Hyundai Engineering & Steel Industries Co Ltd v Two Ways Construction Pty Ltd (No 2)  FCA 1551 04 (Keywords: international arbitration; enforcement)
- Amendments to NSW Security of Payment Legislation (Keywords: security of payment reform)
- Hurdsman v Ekactrm Solutions Pty Ltd  SASC 112 20 (Keywords: dispute resolution clauses)
- Mann v Paterson Constructions Pty Ltd  VSCA 231 26 (Keyword: quantum meruit)
- Broadley Construction Pte Ltd v Alacran Design Pte Ltd  SGCA 25 40 (Keyword: misunderstandings in negotiation)
- Navigating an Evolving Environmental Legislative Landscape in Western Australia
- Industrial Relations – Ongoing Industrial Uncertainty on the West Gate Tunnel Project
- And more……
Also featured in this edition of the Corrs Projects Update are updates from our energy and resources, environment and planning and employment, workplace relations and safety teams on relevant developments in their areas.
You can access a copy of Corrs Projects Update – December 2018 here, or click the ‘DOWNLOAD PDF’ button.
If you wish to discuss anything we’ve raised in the update, or have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us using the details listed to the right.
This publication is introductory in nature. Its content is current at the date of publication. It does not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. You should always obtain legal advice based on your specific circumstances before taking any action relating to matters covered by this publication. Some information may have been obtained from external sources, and we cannot guarantee the accuracy or currency of any such information.