The Corrs Projects Update provides a concise review of, and commercially-focussed commentary on, the latest major judicial and legislative developments affecting the Australian construction and infrastructure industry.
In this edition, we consider and offer key takeaways from a number of recent cases and developments, including:
- CPB Contractors Pty Limited v Celsus Pty Limited (No 2)  FCA 2112 (Keywords: appointment of referee, discretionary stay)
- Federal Treasury Enterprise (FKP) Sojuzplodoimport v Spirits International B.V. (No 6)  FCA 337 (Keywords: waiver of legal professional privilege)
- Seymour Whyte Constructions Pty Ltd v Ostwald Bros Pty Ltd (in liquidation)  NSWCA 11 (Keywords: security of payment where claimant is insolvent)
- Lessons from Lacrosse (Keywords: Lacrosse fire)
- Wichmann v Dormway Pty Ltd  QCA 31 (Keywords: deed of release, general words of release)
- GPP Big Field LLP v Solar EPC Solutions SL  EWHC 2866 (Keywords: penalties)
Also featured are updates from our PNG, energy and resources, environment and planning, property and infrastructure and employment and labour teams on recent developments in their areas of expertise.
You can access a copy of Corrs Projects Update – April 2019 here, or click the ‘DOWNLOAD PDF’ button.
If you wish to discuss anything we’ve raised in the update, or have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us using the details listed to the right.
This publication is introductory in nature. Its content is current at the date of publication. It does not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. You should always obtain legal advice based on your specific circumstances before taking any action relating to matters covered by this publication. Some information may have been obtained from external sources, and we cannot guarantee the accuracy or currency of any such information.