Trainee Legal Assistant Program
TO BE A GREAT LAW FIRM, WE NEED GREAT PEOPLE.
That’s why we’re committed to helping you with your career by providing:
- an active learning environment with rotations through different legal teams
- a comprehensive orientation program plus ongoing training and development in a supportive work environment
- six months full-time employment
All the help you need
Our Legal Support Managers and Coordinators will be there every step of the way to oversee the program. This ensures you are getting the help you need and that you achieve success. They will also provide feedback at the end of each rotation so that you can continue to grow and develop.
You will be assigned a coach for the duration of the program. Your coach will share their experience, knowledge and provide great advice to encourage and challenge you.
In each legal team, you will also be assigned a buddy. Your buddy will teach you how to undertake various tasks and check your work before it is returned.
To be part of our program you will need to have:
- completed year 12 or equivalent
- successfully completed an undergraduate course of at least one year which includes subjects in legal studies and business administration
- touch typing at a minimum of 45+ wpm with at least 98per cent accuracy
- excellent spelling and grammar.
KEY DATES FOR 2014 POSITIONS
Applications open: 1 July 2013
Applications close: 30 August 2013
Interviews held: September 2013
Offers made: Early October 2013
Commence: Early February 2014
Kylie Seeger, Legal Support Coordinator
Pauline Hodge, Legal Support Coordinator
Anna Buchan, Legal Support Coordinator
Melissa Bator, Legal Support Manager