Legal Assistant Trainee Program
If you are about to complete your studies and you are looking to make the transition from study to work, the Corrs Legal Assistant Trainee Program is the perfect platform to launch your career.
You will receive:
- an active learning environment with rotations through different legal teams
- a comprehensive orientation program plus ongoing training and development in a supportive and professional work environment
- six months full-time employment.
All the help you need
Our Legal Support Managers and Coordinators will be there every step of the way to oversee the program to ensure you are getting the help you need and that you achieve success. They will also provide feedback at the end of each rotation so you can continue to grow in your role.
You will be assigned a coach for the duration of your contract. Your coach will share their experience, knowledge and provide great advice to encourage and challenge you.
You will also be assigned a buddy in each legal team who will pass work on to you, teach you how to undertake various tasks and check the work before it is returned.
To be part of our program you will need to have:
- to have completed at least one year of relevant undergraduate studies in areas of legal studies and business administration
- a minimum touch typing speed of 45 wpm with at least 98% accuracy
- excellent spelling and grammar.
KEY DATES FOR 2014 POSITIONS
Applications open: 1 July 2013
Applications close: 30 August 2013
Interviews held: September 2013
Offers made: Early October 2013
Commence: Early February 2014
Tara Harris, Legal Support Manager
Pauline Hodge, Legal Support Coordinator
Sarah Carrodus, Legal Support Coordinator
Julie Visser, Legal Support Manager